Saturday, October 15, 2022

Simon Says - Holly Branch Embossing Folder - Take 2

Hi my friends, I'm back to share another two cards made using backgrounds embossed with the gorgeous Holly Branch Embossing Folder from Simon Says Handmade Holiday release and sentiments from the Holiday Ornaments stamp set from the STAMPtember release.



I smooshed the Mowed Lawn and Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide ink pads over the debossed side of the Holly Branch Embossing Folder and spritzed lightly with water. I placed an A2 panel of Simon Says Fog Gray card into the folder and ran through my die-cutting machine. I added Candied Apple Distress Oxide ink to the berries using a Simon Says Detail Round Blending Brush.
I inked the Merry Christmas stamp from Simon Says Holiday Ornaments with Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide ink and stamped randomly over the background.
I added splatters of Distress Resist spray, sprinkled with Simon Says White Embossing Powder and heat set. I die-cut the Merry Frame 3 times from Distress Watercolor card and Simon Says Vellum, layered to create a dimensional sentiment and fixed to the panel using Distress Collage Medium. To finish I trimmed the panel to 4" x 5.1/4", added an Idea-ology Christmas Label Sticker and matted on to an A2 white card blank.


I applied Candied Apple, Mowed Lawn and Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide inks to the raised side of the Holly Branch Embossing folder using Simon Says Detail Round Blending Brushes and spritzed lightly with water. I placed Simon Says Fog Gray card in the folder and ran through my die-cutting machine.
I tore 2 strips of Simon Says Vellum to fit across the panel and stamped the sentiment from Simon Says Holiday Ornaments on one, inked with Candied Apple and Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide ink, sprinkled with Simon Says Clear Embossing ink and heat set. I laid the vellum across the panel, folded to the back and secured with double sided tape. 
I stamped the holly berry image from Holiday Ornaments with Simon Says Intense Black ink on to a scrap of Distress Watercolor card, coloured with Candied Apple, Tumbled Glass and Rustic Wilderness from my Distress Watercolor Pencils palette, die cut with the Holiday Ornaments die and fixed to the vellum with Distress Collage Medium Matte. 
I added splatters of Distress Resist Spray as before, sprinkled with White Embossing Power and heat set.
To finish I trimmed the panel to 4" x 5.1/4" and matted on to an A2 white card blank.
Enjoy your weekend whatever you have planned, I'll be heading over to join Tim and Mario for the Youtube Live launch of Christmas/Holiday Idea-ology  on Tim's YouTube Channel - 9am PT, 12pm ET or 5pm, if like me, you are in the UK. Set your alarm, gather your snacks and I'll see you there.
Hugs Kath xxx

1 comment:

  1. Thats one beautiful holly and ivy embossed folder the pattern is so deep and effective and beautifully coloured too x

    ReplyDelete