Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Tim Holtz/Sizzix Holiday 2022 - Twig and Stump

Hi my friends, I'm sharing the cards I made for the YouTube Live launch of Tim Holtz/Sizzix Christmas release using Twig and Stump and Framed Tags Thinlits and the gorgeous Pine Branch 3D Texture Fade. If you missed the Live, you can go to Tim's YouTube Channel or Blog to catch up and also check out all the amazing projects from the Makers.

Unfortunately all but one of my step-by-step photos were deleted by an idiot and as the cubbyhole is a one-man band operation, you can all guess who that idiot is but I will try to talk you through the process. I started off working on panels of Distress Watercolor card. I applied Peeled Paint and Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide inks to the raised side of the Pine Branches 3D Texture Fade using a Distress Blending Brush, spritzed lightly with water and ran through my die-cutting machine. Oh wow, I was loving this effect.
I trimmed the panel to 5.1/4" square and inked around the edges with Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide ink. I fixed Sizzix Adhesive Sheets to Distress Watercolor card and scraps of card coloured with Candied Apple, Rustic Wilderness, Spiced Marmalade, Brushed Corduroy and Walnut Stain Distress Oxide inks and die-cut using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Twig and Stump Thinlits. I layered the die-cut pieces and fixed in place with Distress Collage Medium. I die-cut the tree ornaments from the Candied Apple card, fixed on the pine branches to look like berries, added highlights with a Sakura White Gelly Roll Pen and a coat of Ranger Glossy Accents. I die-cut the wooden sign, fixed white card on the back and fixed just underneath the arms of the snowmen. I coloured the snowflakes with Hickory Smoke Distress Oxide ink using a Distress Detailer Brush, fixed on the background and painted with a Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Pen. I added shadows on the snowmen bodies and the ground around them using Hickory Smoke Distress Oxide ink, applied Distress Collage Medium along the bottom of the panel and sprinkled with Distress Mica Flakes. 



For the second card I inked the edges of the largest Framed Tags Thinlits with Peeled Paint Distress Archival ink using the Distress Small Brayer and ran through my die-cutting machine. I repeated the process above of inking the Pine Branches 3D Texture Fade as before, placed the tag in the embossing folder and ran through my die-cutting machine.
I die-cut Twig, the tree, snowflakes and baubles from Distress Watercolor card coloured as before, assembled and fixed to the tag with Distress Collage Medium. I used a black fine liner pen to draw in the string for the baubles, added highlights with a Sakura White Gelly Roll Pen and a coat of Ranger Glossy Accents. I painted over the snowflakes with a Wink Of Stella Clear Glitter Pen, added Distress Collage Medium to the bottom of the tag and sprinkled with Distress Mica Flakes. Once dry, I added an Idea-ology Christmas Label Sticker.
I fixed the tag to a white card blank, added the waste letters from the first card, punched a hole, added the hole reinforcer and trimmed around the edges to create a tag card. To finish I added ribbon coloured with Candied Apple Distress Spray Stain and bakers twine.
Whew, after that windy explanation, like me, you probably need a nice cuppa. Have fun when your Holiday dies arrive and I'll be back soon to share more projects using them.
Hugs Kath xxx