Wednesday, August 23, 2023

A Spooky Halloween Garden

Hi my friends, I'm sharing cards I made with Simon Says Stamp Daisy Heads and Windswept Leaves dies and be warned!! I went rogue and turned the iconic daisy with its white petals and yellow centre in to something far more spooky, die-cutting the flowers and leaves from bright coloured cardstock, shaded heavily with Black Soot Distress Ink and added some serious Unravelled Distress Mica Stain splattering, the perfect fit for a spooky Halloween garden.

I began by trimming the wood plank paper from Idea-ology Backdrops 1 to create 2 - 4" x 5.1/4" panels and spritzed with Unravelled Distress Mica Stain.
I  added Idea-ology Mummy Cloth to the first panel and splattered with Fallen Acorn Distress Mica Stain.
I applied White Gesso to the centre of the second panel using the Distress Small Brayer
I inked the script stamp from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Dearly Departed with Ground Espresso Distress Archival ink, stamped randomly on the panel and added more Unravelled Distress Mica Stain splattering.
I die-cut the Daisy Heads from Simon Says Orange Peel and Fog Cardstock and the Windswept Leaves from Green Apple and Smoke Cardstock. I shaded the flowers and leaves heavily with Black Soot Distress Ink using a mini round blending tool for the larger areas and Simon Says Detail Round Blending Brushes to get into the little nooks and crannies.
I fixed the leaves and flowers to the panels, popped up on black foam squares and added more splatters of Unravelled Distress Mica Stain. To finish, I added Clippings Stickers, from the Idea-ology Curiosities Sticker Book, fixed the panels to Simon Says Black Cardstock trimmed to A2 and matted on to A2 white card blanks.





Have fun with whatever you're making
Hugs Kath xxx

5 comments:

  1. Stunning Kath, beautiful flowers and I love the colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers are truly gorgeous (and spooky) and your backgrounds are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow they are so beautifully put together looks so realistic too x

    ReplyDelete