Saturday, August 26, 2023

Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous - Tiny Frights

Hi my friends, woohoo, if you've just come from the Tim Holtz YouTube Live officially launching the Stampers Anonymous Halloween 2023 collection of stamps and stencils, you'll know "what a hoot" it was, forgive the pun, but Tim and Mario host the best Live parties. If you missed the Live, you can always check out all the new products and absolutely inspiring projects from the Makers on Tim's YouTube Channel HERE or Blog HERE. I'm sharing the "too cute to spook" cards I made for the Live using the adorable little dudes from Tiny Frights with all the Mini Layering Stencils from Set 56 and no way could I resist using the new Distress Mica Stains, Distress Grit Paste Glow and Distress Black Texture Paste from the Tim Holtz/Ranger Halloween 2023 release.


I began by stamping the images from Tiny Frights, inked with Black Soot Distress Archival ink,  repeatedly on to panels of Distress Watercolor card and any I didn't use for the cards will be stored with the stamp set for later.
I created 2 backgrounds on Distress Watercolor card by blending Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Rustic Wilderness and Black Soot Distress Oxide inks out from the centre of the card using mini round blending tools. On the first background, I applied Distress Black Texture Paste through the Peek-a-boo Mini Layering Stencil and once dry, applied Distress Grit Paste Glow through the Fractured Mini Layering Stencil. 
On the second background, I applied Distress Grit Paste Glow through the Spellbound Mini Layering Stencil and Distress Black Texture Paste through the Fractured Mini Layering Stencil.
I coloured the characters with Unravelled and Falling Acorn Distress Mica Stains using a Distress Detailer Brush, added dots with a Sakura Black Glaze Pen and splatters of Unravelled Distress Mica Stain.

I stamped the sentiment, inked with Versamark ink, on to a scrap of card coloured with Rustic Wilderness and Black Soot Distress Oxides, sprinkled with White Detail Embossing Powder, heat set and trimmed to create individual words. I fixed the ghosts and witch hat in place with Black foam squares to create dimension and added the googly eyes.
I coloured the leaf images with Mulled Cider and Specimen Distress Mica Stains, added splatters of Unravelled and fussy cut.
I fixed the owls and leaves in place with Black Foam  Squares, stamped the sentiment on a scrap of card coloured with Mulled Cider Distress Mica Stain, sanded the edges and fixed to the panel.

I used Sakura Black Glaze pen on the character eyes and owls' beaks and once dry, added white highlights with a Sakura White Gelly Roll Pen. To finish I trimmed both panels to 3.3/4" x 5", fixed to A2 panels of Distress Black KraftStock, sanded to reveal to kraft core and attached to A2 top folding white card blanks.

I'll be back tomorrow to share the Hardcore Art Panel I decorated using The Obscure stamp set, in the meantime, have fun with whatever you are making.
Hugs Kath 
xxx

2 comments: