Sunday, August 27, 2023

Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous - The Obscure

Happy Sunday my friends, I'm sharing the HardCore Art Panel I decorated for the YouTube Live launch of Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Halloween 2023 collection of stamps and stencils using The Obscure stamp set along with Fractured and Spellbound Mini Layering Stencils from Set 56. If you missed the Live, you can check out all the new products and inspiration from the Makers over on Tim's YouTube Channel HERE or Blog HERE.


I added drops of Alcohol Blending Solution and Black, Slate and Mushroom Alcohol Inks on to the 8" x 8" HardCore Art Panel and moved the inks around with the Distress Air Blower until I was happy with the background.
I stamped the images from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous The Obsure inked with Alcohol Lift Ink on to the panel and dabbed them repeatedly with kitchen towel until the images re-appeared as if by magic.
I applied Black Distress Texture Paste from the recent Ranger Halloween 2023 release through the Fractured Mini Layering Stencil.
I created a lighter section on the panel using Blending Solution to remove some of the background and coloured with Dijon Alcohol Ink applied with a mini round blending tool and felt pad. I repeated the Alcohol Lift ink technique and stamped the Halloween Night banner repeatedly, inked with Black Soot Distress Archival ink. 
I applied Distress Crypt Grit Paste through the Spellbound Mini Layering Stencil, sprinkled with Twisted Citron Distress Embossing Glaze and heat set once the paste had dried. (sorry lost the photo for that stage)
I stamped the floral image from The Obscure on to Mica Tiles, inked with Versamark ink, sprinkled with White Detail Embossing Powder and heat set.
I stamped the Halloween Night banner and script stamp on to Distress Plain Collage Paper, inked with Black Soot Distress Archival and Versamark ink. I sprinkled the Versamark stamping with White Detail Embossing Powder and heat set. I went around the images with a water brush and used my finger to tease each one apart.
I applied Ranger Glossy Accents on the back of the stamped Mica pieces and pressed into place. I fixed the strips of stamped Collage Paper in place using Distress Collage Medium.
I painted Idea-ology Machinery Heads and an Adornment Butterfly with Black Soot Distress Paint, sanded to reveal some of the metal, applied Gilded Distress Foundry Wax with my finger, heat set and fixed to the panel with Distress Collage Medium. I added splatters of the Gilded Foundry Wax over the background and heat set.

I sanded an Idea-ology Quote Chip from the Halloween Baseboards pack, fixed in place with Distress Collage Medium and added Black Soot Distress Paint using a mini round blending tool to finish off the edges of the panel.




I'll be sharing another make with the Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Halloween 2023 release soon, in the meantime, enjoy the rest of your weekend and happy crafting.
Hugs Kath xxx

2 comments:

  1. Love this project! The new Tim Holtz stamps are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Kath and so creative too x

    ReplyDelete