Saturday, August 12, 2023

Tim Holtz/Sizzix - Big Frights and Layered Dots Thinlits

Hi my friends, woohoo wasn't that a frightfully fun party over at the YouTube Live Launch of Tim Holtz/Sizzix Halloween 2023 Collection. I'm sharing the cards I made for the Live using Big Frights and Layered Dots Thinlits to make a spooky spiders shaker card and wickedly frightful acetate cards. If you missed the Live, you can always check out the new products in the release and the amazing inspiration from the Makers on Tim's YouTube Channel HERE or Blog HERE.

Let's start off with the Spooky Spider Shaker Card. I die-cut the frame from Tim Holtz/Sizzix Layered Dots Thinlits from Distress Black HeavyStock to leave a 1/4" border and fixed a panel of spider web acetate from Idea-ology Materialize Paper Pad, sadly a discontinued product, but hey you might just have some in your stash or you could stamp a spider's web on plain acetate using StazON Ink.
I die-cut the second frame from Distress Black HeavyStock.
I popped the cut out panel back in the frame to cover the acetate, laid the second die-cut frame on top, splattered with Gilded and Sterling Foundry Wax and heat set. I left the cut out panel in place to prevent the acetate from warping.
I tore the second frame to create corner sections for the top and bottom on the panel. I die-cut the third frame in the set from Idea-ology Halloween Deco Sheets and trimmed to match the torn corner sections.
I fixed to the acetate using strong double sided tape because acetate doesn't seem to like wet adhesive.
I die-cut the Tim Holtz/Sizzix Big Frights Thinlits, the shadow from Distress Black HeavyStock and the word from Idea-ology Halloween Deco Sheet. The Deco Sheet is self adhesive and it is advisable to fix it to cardstock if you want to die-cut it. I splattered the shadow section as before.
I fixed the die-cut word in place with strong double-sided tape, added the fall out dots from the Layered Dots frames, spiders die-cut from Distress Watercolor card and Idea-ology Black HeavyStock and the threads from Idea-ology Halloween Deco Sheet. I layered the spiders slightly offset to create a highlight, added Ranger Glossy Accents to the bodies only and sprinkled with Distress Nightfall Glitter.
I scored and folded a white card blank to be slightly larger than the panel. I placed a selection of Sizzix sequins and Distress Mica Flakes in the centre of the card, added Foam Strips to the back of the die-cut panel and fixed to the card. 
Woohoo, we now have a shaker card and to finish I added Idea-ology Small Talk Stickers.

I'll be back soon to share the acetate cards, in the meantime, have lots of spooky fun with the new release.
Hugs Kath xxx

1 comment: