Thursday, August 10, 2023

Dreadfully Wicked

Hi my friends, I had loads of fun making backgrounds at the start of the week using Distress Mica Stains, Black Texture and Crypt Grit Pastes from the recent Tim Holtz/Ranger Halloween 2023 release and am sharing a card using one of the backgrounds decorated with Tim Holtz/Sizzix Graveyard Colorize and Moonlight Thinlits, a Quote Chip from the Idea-ology Baseboards Halloween 2023 pack and Shattered Windows.

I created a pile of backgrounds by applying Distress Black Texture Paste through an assortment of Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Halloween Layering and Mini Layering Stencils on to papers from Idea-ology Backdrops 4, trimmed to 5" x 7".
I chose the background using the Halloween Layering Stencil and coloured with Ominous Twilight, Specimen and Unravelled Distress Mica Stains.
I then applied Distress Texture Paste Opague through the Crossbones Mini Layering Stencil from Set 23.
I die-cut Tim Holtz/Sizzix Graveyard Colorize Thinlits from a selection of Sizzix Neutral cardstock, added shading using Forest Moss and Walnut Stain Distress Inks using mini round blending tools and assembled.
I trimmed the panel to 4.3/4" x 6.3/4", applied Distress Collage Medium to the bottom of the panel with my fingers, pressed moss in place and set aside to dry.
I fixed the fencing to the panel using Distress Collage Medium and popped the gravestones and skeleton head up with black foam squares to create dimension. I added Distress Grit Paste Crypt to the fencing and gravestones sparingly using the tip of a palette knife.
I trimmed out a section of the Idea-ology Shattered Windows and machine stitched on to the panel.
I sanded the Quote Chip from the Idea-ology Halloween 2023 Baseboards Pack and fixed in place with black foam squares.
I die-cut the bats from Distress Black HeavyStock using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Moonlight Thinlits, added Distress Collage Medium to the body sections and curled the wings up. To finish I matted the panel on to white card trimmed to be 1/8" larger and fixed to a 5" x 7" white card blank covered with Distress Black HeavyStock.


One background down, another 6, 7 or 8 to go, so watch this space.
Have fun with whatever you are making
Hugs Kath xxx

A little reminder that Tim will be officially launching the Sizzix Halloween 2023 collection of Dies and Texture Fade Embossing Folders on his YouTube Channel on Saturday 9am PT 12pm ET and 5pm UK. Set your alarms, plan your snacks and I'll see you there.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wowsers Kath, this is really spookylicious, what fabulous details, love the shattered glass and the birds flying through, amazing card and those backgrounds look fantastic. xx

    ReplyDelete