Saturday, August 26, 2023

Simon Says - Hello Sunshine

Hi my friends, I'm sharing a quick card I made with the Bee Happy stamp set and the CZ Design Scripty Hello die included in Simon Says Stamp Bee Happy September Card Kit. At the time of writing, the kit is still available to buy or if you wish you can purchase individual items from the kit HERE.


I trimmed one of the Paper Rose Bee Happy patterned papers to 4" x 5.1/4", stamped the honeycomb image from the Bee Happy stamp set with Fossilized Amber on to the paper, inked with Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide ink. I applied Wild Honey Distress Oxide randomly on the stamp using a Simon Says Detail Round Blending Brush and re-stamped to give a slight variation in colour and repeated the pattern.
I masked off the sentiment to leave just the word Sunshine, inked with Simon Says intense Black ink and stamped on to the bottom right corner.
I die-cut the CZ Design Scripty Hello shadow from Simon Says Black cardstock and the word 3 times from Neenah Solar White, layered to create dimension and fixed to the panel using the foam squares also included in the kit.
I stamped the bee image from the stamp set, inked with Simon Says Intense Black ink
Just when I was polishing my halo and thinking that this was probably one of the easiest cards I've ever made, I decided to use some black self adhesive pearls I've had in my stash for many moons to add bee trails and oh boy, did I come back down to earth with a bump. These itty bitty dudes were a nightmare to pick up and place but I gritted my teeth, powered through with the help of my Simon Says Place and Score Embellishment Wand and quickly returned them to their dusty corner probably never to see the light again. 
To finish, I coloured the bee bodies with Yellow and Black Zig Clean Color Markers, used a Sakura White Gelly Roll Pen to add their white fluffy bums, matted the panel on to Simon Says Black cardstock trimmed to A2 and fixed to an A2 white card blank.


I'm loving this kit and will be back soon to share more Bee Happy projects, in the meantime, be happy with whatever you are making. Did you know that "Hello Sunshine" is a term of endearment in the UK and while I'm sharing snippets of information, a little reminder to tune in today to the Youtube Live Launch of Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Halloween 2023 release on Tim's YouTube Channel 9am PT, 12pm ET and 5pm in the UK.
Hugs Kath xxx

2 comments:

  1. Sweet card Kath, very pretty background and who doesn't love to see a busy bee. xx

    ReplyDelete