Thursday, August 31, 2023

Simon Says - Retro Flowers Layering Stencil Set

Hi my friends, I'm sharing a card I made with the Retro Flowers 6" x 6" Layering Stencils from the Simon Says September Bee Happy Card Kit. The kit is still available to buy at time of writing but you can also purchase individual items from the kit HERE.

The stencil set has 4 stencils which are numbered in order of use for easy reference and also have grid lines to match the stencils up with your cardstock panel. However, I switched the order around because I wanted to use Distress Grit Paste for the flower heads and that meant that I would have to use Stencil 1 last.
I began by applying a light coat of Antique Linen Distress Paint to an A2 panel of Distress Watercolor card and once the paint was dry, spritzed lightly with Unravelled Distress Mica Stain.
I applied Mowed Lawn and Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide inks through Stencil 2 using Simon Says Blending and Detail Round Blending Brushes.
I moved on to Stencil 4 which is the large and small flower centres and applied Wild Honey and Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxide inks using the Detail Round Blending Brush.
I decided not to use Stencil 3 to add the small flowers, instead leaving the small flower centres to create a splatter look on the panel. I applied Distress Grit Paste through Stencil 1, sprinkled lightly with Fossilized Amber Distress Embossing Glaze and heat set once the paste had dried.
I was disappointed that the centres on the large flowers and the splatters looked very faded so I scribbled over them with a Distress Embossing Pen, sprinkled with Fossilized Amber Distress Embossing Glaze and heat set.
I die-cut the CZ Design Scripty Hello also included in the kit from Simon Says Black cardstock, trimmed to create a negative banner and fixed to the bottom of the panel.
I placed the die-cut word into the negative space and used as a template to place the inside sections of the letters.
I added Ranger Glossy Accents to the large flower centres to create more dimension and added dots using a Sakura Black Glaze Pen. 
I trimmed the panel, added to an A2 panel of Simon Says Black Glossy cardstock, also included in the kit and fixed to an A2 white card blank.

Woohoo, buckle up my crafty friends, STAMPtember begins tomorrow over at Simon Says Stamp so make sure you tune into the first STAMPtember YouTube Livestream on Simon Says Stamp Channel tomorrow, Friday 9am PT, 12pm ET and 5pm UK when Heidi, Simon's Momma will be sharing inspiration, news, big prizes and all the STAMPtember excitement. Have fun with whatever you are making
Hugs Kath xxx

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Kath :-) I just made a card using the same stencil set and saw yours in the card kit gallery, so had to pop over for a closer look. I love how you used the grit paste for the petals, and the artsy/grungy look is fabulous! :-)

    Hope you have a great weekend!
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and your stencilling is amazing l just bought some floral stencils l just hope l can use them well enough x

    ReplyDelete