Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Too Cute To Spook

Hi my friends, I'm sharing a trio of "Too Cute To Spook" cards made using the Tim Holtz/Sizzix Big Frights Thinlits from the Halloween 2023 release with some Distress Black Texture and Distress Glow Grit Pastes stencilling and sentiments from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Life Is A Party.

I trimmed Distress Watercolor card to 4" x 5.1/4" and created the backgrounds by smooshing Wilted Violet, Crackling Campfire and Twisted Citron Distress Oxide ink pads on to my Media Surface Mat, spritzed with water, picked up the ink on a piece of plastic and transferred on to the panels.
I applied Distress Black Texture Paste through the Dot Fade Mini Layering Stencil from Set 8.
I die-cut the Big Frights Thinlits from Distress Black HeavyStock and applied Distress Glow Grit Paste through the Starry Mini Layering Stencil from Set 31 on the word die-cuts and the panels.
I die-cut the shadow sections of the Big Frights Thinlits from the panels and fixed to A2 panels of Distress Black HeavyStock.

I fixed the die-cut words to the background die-cut popped up on black foam squares to create dimension and fixed back into the negative spaces, again popped up on black foam squares to double up on the dimension.
I stamped the sentiments from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Life Of The Party on to Distress Black Heavystock, inked with Versamark ink, sprinkled with Ranger White Detail Embossing Powder, heat set and trimmed.
I die-cut the skull, bats and spiders from Big Frights Thinlits and the witch hat from Frightful Things Thinlits from scraps of Distress Watercolor card and coloured to match the backgrounds. I fixed in place with black foam squares and added the sentiment strips.
To finish I matted the panels on to top folding A2 white card blanks.


You will have to take my word for it that the stars glow in the dark because despite my best efforts, my camera was not playing ball.
Have fun with whatever you're making
Hugs Kath xxx

5 comments:

  1. You've inspired me, again, Kath! Do you have the plastic flat or wadded up to get that look for the background?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the plastic is flat Mary but pounced repeatedly on to the panel

      Delete
  2. So creative Kath absolutely stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! These are amazing and have such fantastic detail. Loved them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wicked cool colors & detail. Your tutorials are the best. Down to every detail. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete