Sunday, May 8, 2011

What a Hoot...

Morning folks...oh yuck what has happened to the weather....it's dark dreich and chucking it down this morning and it was much of the same when I set off yesterday for the trip to Elgin....only to arrive to a lovely bright rain free morning and boy oh boy did I very nearly ARRIVE at Papercrafts Boutique in a spectacular fashion. Don't know about you but my bladder seems to be programmed to demand immediate emptying after a car journey so I quickly reverse parked the car in front of the shop and to set the scene the car park is on a slight slope. Toilet stop is now becoming a top priority...can't get the seat belt undone quickly enough...reached down to get my bag from the passenger foot well and suddenly had the feeling that the silly car next to me was moving....oh yes you've got it in one....in my haste to get to the loo I had forgotten to put the handbrake on and I am picking up speed heading for the huge plate glass window of the shop.....now that would have been one spectacular entrance but not one that Mrs Sugar Nellie would have been too happy about.
Thankfully the rest of the day went swimmingly and was just the best fun.....thank you to the lovely Karen and Kate at Papercrafts Boutique for inviting me along and for their wonderful hospitality...and of course a special thank you to all the lovely crafters who came along and joined me for my inky grungy day and yes folks I did drive home with hands that looked as though I had been howking tatties all day.

And how did the Shrink Plastic Demo go I hear you ask and under the watchful eye of the Mrs Sugar Nellie herself no less...no pressure then....well numero uno didn't want to play ball but hey I wasn't standing for any of his nonsense and from then on we nailed it and for all those of you have lots of this stuff lurking at the bottom of a drawer...I will try and post a step-by-step how-to this week.
And as if my near miss of a spectacular entrance wasn't enough excitement for this old girl for one day...look what had arrived in the cubbyhole in my absence.....the goodies for our "Girls Just Want To Have Fun" Workshop on the 28th May....will I be in big trouble if we have a little sneaky peek....


Lots of prepping and kitting to be done...I definitely need my very own MARIO the absolute KING OF KITTING...any volunteers...can't promise Starbucks but the kettle is never off in the cubbyhole and we might just manage to run to some yummy cake.
Catch up with you all tomorrow
Hugs Kath xxx