Monday, May 9, 2011

Back to Reality....

Morning folks...the sun has put his hat back on again...for the moment it's a bonny bright morning but after the fun and excitement of the weekend it's back to reality...yes WORK and lots of it and thank goodness I have a load of demo stuff to share with you all otherwise you would be looking at a blank page and that would never do.  Time to share the cards I made in the morning session at Papercrafts Boutique...all about Steam Punk and Alcohol Inks....a bit of pic overload so perhaps it's time to put the kettle on and grab a cuppa....

Colouring Acetate...Tissue Tape and Seam Binding with Alcohol Inks
Tim Holtz Kraft Resist Papers and fabulous Sewing Room Die



Colouring Gloss Card with Alcohol Inks...embossing with a Timmie Texture Fade...then a bit of sanding to distress and a sneaky peek of the brand new Sassy Steam Punk Girl images....soon to be released by Funky Kits





Please excuse my pathetic efforts to colour these images but I know someone who will do a fabulous job so the stamps will be heading to my lovely buddy Debbi...the absolute Queen of Promarkers who will work her special magic with them...

and hey this is a very very special day for another lovely buddy.....the one and only Julie Hickey from Craftwork Cards is appearing on QVC today....I am so excited for her....I have been a big fan of Julie's work since away back when I first joined the CraftworkCards Club and boy oh boy was I ever so excited when I finally got to meet her in person at the SECC some years back....she's an absolute sweetheart and a great demonstrator...so make sure you tune in at 12pm and join Julie when she will be featuring some brand new products with fantastic demos and lots of special hints and tips. 
And waving at my lovely Huntly Hooligan buddies....Aud and Helen and oh I recognise that look so well....."I haven't spend nearly enough money....what else can I get"
And just when I think I am managing to keep my head above the water a last minute project from Fiskars popped into my Inbox on Friday and needs to go in the mail today to reach Paris for Friday or perhaps I could hop on a jet plane and hand deliver it....somehow I don't think they would buy into that idea so I am off to crank up the crafty conveyor belt and kick Mr Mojo into touch. Will catch up with you all tomorrow with more Papercrafts samples from the afternoon session....back to my kind of cards.
Hugs Kath xxx