Saturday, May 9, 2015

Adventure Awaits You...

Hi folks...
adventure awaits you and that was certainly true when I finally got a chance to play with the fabulous goodies that Decoart sent me...
I was a bit out of my comfort zone and had no plan in my head...definitely in "let's just wing it and see where it leads" mode but I soon got into my stride and had great fun creating this male themed canvas...
on reflection I should perhaps have done a step by step tutorial but I'll try and explain as best as I can how it all came together. I started off painting the canvas with a coat of Black Gesso...amazing stuff...creamy and so easy to apply. Once dry I roughly painted over with a coat of the fabulous Americana Decor Chalky Finish Paint in my favourite colour of the moment...Primitive which reminds me of wet cement leaving a black border around the edge. Then I lightly applied Media Fluid Acrylics...Quinacridone Gold and Cobalt Turquoise with a more drybrushing technique than painting until I was happy with the build up of colour.  I then fixed down some torn pieces of book pages with Decou-Page Matte and applied a thin wash of Quinacridone Gold over the top.
Using the Andy Skinner Mixed Media Stencils...Made To Measure and Industrial Elements I created drop shadows by pouncing through the stencils with Quinacrodine Gold and Titan Buff.  Once dry I reapplied the stencils and applied a coat of Decoart White Modeling Paste to some areas...coloured the paste with Black Gesso for the rest. I was very impressed with the quality of the stencils...they're very robust and very easy to clean.

 I then applied a coat of One Step Crackle to areas of the canvas...
and finished off by adding Tim Holtz Film Strip Ribbon...Philosophy Tags and my new addiction...Idea-ology Small Talk Stickers...
And I'm hooked...I have another Decoart project in the pipeline which I'll be sharing later in the week...in the meantime enjoy what's left of the weekend and I'll see you all tomorrow to share what we made at Saturday's Kath's Klub.
Hugs Kath xxx