Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Tea for two or three or even four...

Hi folks...I'm cracking on with the Christmas magazine commission so there's no crafty stuff to share today...instead I'm sharing Monday's treat...an afternoon of absolute "how the other half live" luxurious decadence at Aberdeen's recently refurbished 5 Star Chester Hotel...a beautiful 19th century granite building set in the leafy West End suburbs...
with decor to die for...

the occasion was a birthday "afternoon tea for two" treat for my little Sis...
and to say it was delicious was the understatement of all time...every morsel was divine and definitely no pastry soggy bottoms but I can't help but think it was portion control "enough to feed a small army" gone bonkers...for us lesser mortals who are used to grabbing a quick coffee and a biscuit of an afternoon...it quickly became apparent that demolition of every culinary delicious delight set before us was never going to happen...
unless we had a break halfway through for a little snooze but that wasn't included in the price of the package...
so stuffed to the gunnels...we admitted defeat and headed home with our doggy bags (hubby demolished mine) resulting in a beached whale/I will never eat another thing/couch potato evening. All in all a fabulous once in a blue moon culinary experience but I don't think I'm cut out for the "how the other half live" millionaire lifestyle and I'm sure my digestive system would agree...somewhat relieved that it's back to basic cubbyhole catering...give me ONE Rich Tea biscuit and a cuppa...happy days.
See you all tomorrow
Hugs Kath xxx