Monday, May 11, 2015

In A Flower Garden...

Hi folks...thank you so much for your lovely comments here and on Facebook about yesterday's cards but I can only take a little bit of the credit...you can't help but feel creative when you're working with the fabulous innovative products from TIM HOLTZ and I wonder how he does it...time after time coming up with fresh ideas and wonderful new products guaranteed to tickle my crafting taste buds. An artist that I truly admire and respect...a humble and generous guy who came from stock boy in a craft store to be the world's most iconic and inspirational craft designer...a wonderful ambassador for the craft industry...you can read Tim's story HERE.
So continuing the Tim Holtz Appreciation Society theme I'm sharing the projects we made at the afternoon workshop...another relaxing watercolouring seesion with Distress Markers and the gorgeous Flower Garden Stamp Set...

and Carrie's "why not...it's your project" upside down Cone Flower...




and Lindsay's "doing her own thing"...gorgeous poppy...
I've never had the patience for complicated colouring...hours spent shading and blending doesn't float my boat at all...so if like me you're a bit challenged in that department...grab yourself a Distress Marker and a water brush and you will be amazed at how easy this watercolour technique is. And I was absolutely blown away to receive this special gift from the lovely and very talented Lynne on Saturday...
Lynne made a set for each of the Papeterie "Craft Retreat" Team...thank you Lynne for being so very sweet and thoughtful.
See you all tomorrow
Hugs Kath xxx