Wednesday, January 24, 2018

I Have A "Stampers Anonymous" Theory...

Hi folks...I'm now suffering from serious Creativation Facebook Live withdrawal symptoms so I'm sharing a sneaky peek collage of the cards I made for the Stampers Anonymous booth with the amazing new Tim Holtz stamp sets and stencils from the 2018 release...
I will be sharing a closer look at all the cards but for the moment I'll be concentrating on the stamp sets that are shipping in January and today it's the turn of a card made with THEORIES, one of my favourites and I have a theory (forgive the pun) that this particular Stampers Anonymous beauty is going to be a fly off the shelf must-have...

I love the quirky fun images, the amazing collage background detail on the stamps and the "wise words" sentiments
I used Antique Linen Distress Oxide ink and the Tim Holtz Broad Water Brush to colour a panel of Distress Watercolor card, spritzed it with water, used the Code Layering Stencil with Frayed Burlap and then created splatters. I added Idea-ology Nailheads, arrows from Life Quotes Remnant Rubs and Clipping Stickers. To separate the sentiment, I masked the bottom section with washi tape, inked with Black Soot Archival, removed the tape before stamping and repeated to stamp the rest of the sentiment. I matted the panel on to a card blank coloured with Frayed Burlap using the direct to paper technique and created shadows around the Clippings Stickers using a Frayed Burlap Distress Marker.

and a project I'll be sharing with you soon... 
but first I'm off to scrub up and perform emergency abdominal surgery on this poor little guy
who's suffered serious injuries at the hands (or should I say teeth) of the resident Furry Hooligan...it's just another "life is never dull" day in the cubbyhole.
Have fun whatever you're doing today and I'll see you all tomorrow.
Hugs Kath xxx