Saturday, April 6, 2024

Tim Holtz/Sizzix Vault 2 World Travel Thinlits

Hello my friends, if you just watched the YouTube Live launch of Tim Holtz/Sizzix Vault 2 Thinlits Collection, I'm sure you'll agree that Tim has done it again, bringing back a great selection of old favourites from the vault, resized and reimagined. I had a lot of fun decorating an Idea-ology Accordion Folio to create a travel wallet to keep all your important travel documents safe in one place, using the Vault World Travel Thinlits. . If you missed the Live, you can catch up with the new release and amazing projects from the Makers on Tim’s YouTube Channel or Blog.


I began by covering the front panel on the Accordion Folio with paper from the Idea-ology Correspondence Paper Stash pad.
I opened up the Accordion Folio and covered each section with either the Correspondence paper, Distress Black HeavyStock and strips of Idea-ology Agenda Linen Tape.
I flipped it over and coloured the back panels by spritzing Bundled Sage Distress Spray Stain and Distress Oxide Spray on to my Media Mat and tapped into the inks repeatedly until I was happy with the coverage. I die-cut the globe from the Vault World Travel Thinlits and used as a stencil to apply Scorched Timber Distress Ink using a Distress Tiny Blending Tool. I added Distress Black HeavyStock and Idea-ology Agenda Linen Tape to the inner flaps.
I trimmed Distress Black HeavyStock to be slighty smaller than the front cover, die-cut using the alphabet from the Vault World Travel Thinlits and fixed in place with Distress Collage Medium.
I die-cut the Globe twice and coloured with Bundled Sage Distress Oxide ink using the ink pad with the direct to paper technique.I applied Scorched Timber Distress Ink using the Distress Tiny Blending Tool to add shading and assembled.
I trimmed panels from the Correspondence paper, inked the edges with Scorched Timber Distress Ink, fixed to the front panel with Distress Collage Medium and added one of the globes. I fixed Sizzix Adhesive Sheets to Distress Black HeavyStock, Distress Watercolor card and red Sizzix Surfacez cardstock, die-cut the alphabet, planes, clouds and arrows to decorate.
I decorated the inside flaps in the same way with panels and tickets trimmed from the Correspondence paper, added the alphabet die-cuts and fixed thin strips of Black foam adhesive to the back of the flaps to create pockets.

I used Tim Holtz/Sizzix Stacked Circles Thinlits to make notches on the pockets.
I decorated the last section with Idea-ology Agenda Fabric Tape, tickets trimmed from the Correspondence Paper, added the globe and the flight details - Phoenix to London Heathrow and London Heathrow to Aberdeen. I punched a hole on the spine of the folder and fed through an Idea-ology Elastic Loop to use as a closure.
I fixed the ends of elastic in place with strong adhesive tape and added a trimmed out ticket on top.
Now there is a place for your passport, boarding pass, London Underground ticket and luggage labels.



I'll be back soon to share more makes from the Vault 2 Collection. In the meantime, have fun with whatever you're making.
Hugs Kath xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment