Friday, April 19, 2024

Simon Says May Card Kit - Miss You

Hello my friends, I'm back to share another card using products from Simon Says Stamp Celestial Wishes May Card Kit. This time I used one of the Craft Consortium Ombre patterned papers, the Celestial Wishes 6" x 8"stamp set and Celestial Burst die and changed up the colour palette to match the paper. You can check out all the products included in the kit and if you wish, purchase individual items from the kit HERE.

I trimmed the Craft Consortium Ombre paper to 4" x 5.1/4" and die-cut the Celestial Sunburst 3 times from the Neenah 110lb white cardstock included in the kit. I popped the die-cuts back into their negative spaces and stamped using the matching stamp from the Celestial Wishes stamp set, inked with Tidepool Pawsitively Saturated ink from the Blue Seas Mini Ink Cube set.
I stamped the Sunburst circle also from the stamp set in the centre, inked with the Zest Pawsitively Saturated Mini Ink cube new and exclusive to the kit.
I stamped the larger leaf image from the stamp set on to a scrap of Neenah 110lb white card, inked with Surf, Tidepool and Ocean Pawsitively Saturated Mini Ink Cubes to create an ombre effect and fussy cut.
I fixed the die-cut sunbursts in place with Distress Collage Medium and the leaf popped up on foam squares, stamped the sentiment on to a scrap of card, inked with Simon Says Intense Black ink, fussy cut and fixed to the panel with Distress Collage Medium. There are co-ordinating dies available for this stamp set (linked below) but I didn't have them and I have to say this veteran of fussy cutting found the sentiment a bit of a challenge.
To finish I added splatters to the centres of the sunbursts using Black Soot Distress Paint, sprinkled with Clear Embossing Powder and heat set. I added a twine bow using Spellbinders White Hemp cord and matted the panel on to an A2 white card blank.

I'm still in card kit making mode and will be back soon to share more makes.
Hugs Kath xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment