Friday, April 5, 2024

Tim Holtz/Sizzix - Vault 2 Picture Show

Happy Friday my friends, just one more sleep until the YouTube Live launch of Tim Holtz/Sizzix Vault 2 Collection. I'm super excited and can't wait to see all the Makes. I've been missing from the cubbyhole this week, busy freshening up the utility room with a coat of paint, one of those "who's bright idea was this" kind of jobs but I did manage to sneak off while waiting for the paint to dry and make a few cards using the Vault 2 Picture Show Thinlits.

I began by creating 2 neutral backgrounds on A2 panels of Distress Watercolor card using Antique Linen and Walnut Stain Distress Oxide inks. I die-cut the slide and film strip from Vault 2 Picture Show and coloured with Walnut Stain Distress Oxide and Scorched Timber Distress Ink. I fixed torn strips of Idea-ology Photographic Collage Paper to scraps of Distress Watercolor card using Distress Collage Medium and die-cut to fit into the slide and film strip. 
I die-cut the viewfinder from Distress Kraft Heavystock and Distress Watercolor card coloured with Antique Linen and Walnut Stain Distress Oxide inks, assembled, fixed to the card panel and trimmed off the excess. I die-cut the upper section again from Distress Watercolor card, covered the centre with Idea-ology Photographic Collage Paper, trimmed and fixed to the viewfinder with Distress Collage Medium. I die-cut the inner sections of the wheel from Idea-ology Wallflower Paper Pad and fixed in place with Distress Collage Medium. I coloured Distress Watercolor card with Scorched Timber Distress ink, die-cut the flower twice using Vault 1 Wildflowers Thinlits, layered to create dimension and fixed to the panel with foam squares. I stamped the sentiments on both cards, inked with Black Soot Distress Archival. The sentiments are from Sizzix Good Vibes 664844 stamp set, designed by my amazing and super talented friend Pete Hughes.
I die-cut the butterflies from the same coloured card as the flower using Vault 2 Boutique Thinlits, added Distress Collage Medium to the bodies only and pulled the wings up to create dimension.
To finish I added extra torn strips of the Idea-ology Photographic Collage Paper to fill in some of the empty spaces, trimmed the panels to 4" x 5.1/4", inked the edges with Scorched Timber Distress Ink using a Tiny Blending Tool and fixed to an A2 white card blank, covered with Distress Kraft HeavyStock.




It's time to head off to M&S to stock up on snacks for the YouTube Live party, book myself a comfy seat in the front row and I'll be all ready for the fun to begin.  Hope to see you there.
Hugs Kath xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment