Saturday, April 13, 2024

Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous - Forgotten Garden

Hello my friends, if you've just come from the YouTube Live launch of the new collection of stamps from Tim Holtz and Stampers Anonymous, you'll know what an awesome release it is and once again, regardless of your crafting style, there's something for everyone. If you missed the Live, you can catch up on the replay and check out all the amazing projects from the Makers on Tim's Blog or YouTube Channel. I love all the stamp sets but Forgotten Garden is one of my favourites and I used the botanical images to decorate a drawstring bag to hold lavender seeds, a small pillow, shaker card and tag. 


Let's start with the drawstring calico bag which I purchased in a pack of 20 from Amazon. I applied Rustic Wilderness Distress Paint through the Decor Leaf Mini Layering Stencil from Set 60 on the front and back of the bag using a Mini Round Blending Tool.
I decided to sacrifice another bag and trimmed to create 2 panels, one slightly larger than the other. I spritzed the larger panel with Bundled Sage Distress Oxide Spray and set aside to dry. I stamped the image from Forgotten Garden inked with Ground Espresso Distress Archival ink and coloured with Dusty Concord and Rusty Wilderness Distress Paints using a small watercolour brush. Once both panels were dry, I machine stitched them together and frayed the edges of both panels.
I applied Dusty Concord Distress Paint through the Spots Mini Layering Stencil from Set 59, spritzed the Dusty Concord Distress Paint left on my Glass Media Mat with water, added splatters to the panel, fixed the panel to the bag with fabric glue and added Idea-ology Specimen Remnant Rubs.

I filled the bag with the dried lavender seeds.
To create the pillow, I trimmed off the edge with the drawstring cord from another calico bag, stamped the images from Forgotten Garden with Ground Espresso Distress Archival ink, coloured with Dusty Concord, Crushed Olive and Rustic Wilderness Distress Paints and heat set to dry.
I applied Dusty Concord Distress Paint through the Deco Feather Mini Layering Stencil from Set 60 using a Mini Round Blending Tool on the back of the pillow.
I hand stitched Idea-ology Trimmings, from my stash, around the bottom of the pillow, added Idea-ology Specimen Remnant Rubs, filled with fibrefill and stitched close.

To finish I stitched a button to the front and a large button on the back to cover where the trimmings overlapped.


I'll be back tomorrow to share another project made for the Live and will share the shaker card and tag made with Forgotten Garden next week. In the meantime, have fun with whatever you're making.
Hugs Kath xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment