Sunday, April 7, 2024

Tim Holtz/Sizzix - Vault Watch Gears

Hello my friends, I'm back to share the cards I made for the Tim Holtz/Sizzix YouTube Live launch of the Vault 2 Collection using the Vault Watch Gears Thinlits.

Let's start off with the Shaker Card.
I die-cut the watch from Idea-ology Backdrops Vol 5 using Tim Holtz Vault 2 Watch Gears Thinlits and shaded the edges with Villainous Potion Distress Oxide ink using a Distress Tiny Blending Tool.
I die-cut again from Distress Watercolor card and coloured the inner circle with Twisted Citron Distress Oxide. I smooshed Villainous Potion Distress Oxide ink on to my Media Mat, spritzed with water, tapped an A2 panel of Distress Watercolor card repeatedly on to the ink. I die-cut the numbers and gears from the Twisted Cirton circle and fixed to the background with Distress Collage Medium.
I fixed acetate behind the watch, die-cut the watch 3 more times from Distress Black HeavyStock and layered to create dimension. I added black foam strips around the edge, sprinkled a mix of lavender, gold and black sequins on to the background and pressed the die-cut watch into place.
I die-cut the gears, numbers and watch hands using Vault Watch Gears and alphabet using Vault World Travel Thinlits from Distress Black HeavyStock and fixed in place with Distress Collage Medium. I die-cut the numbers again from the Distress Watercolor card coloured with Twisted Citron Distress Oxide and fixed, slightly offset on the black number die-cuts.
I stamped the left over Twisted Citron card with script from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Nature's Walk, inked with Black Soot Distress Archival and die-cut the butterflies using Vault Boutique Thinlits, fixed to Distress Black HeavyStock die-cut butterflies, fixed in place with Distress Collage Medium and added fall out circles from one of the gears die-cut from Idea-ology Gold Metallic KraftStock. I added a black twine bow to the top of the watch.
To finish I added an Idea-ology Metallic Sticker, matted the panel on to Distress Black HeavyStock and fixed to a white card blank.
I'll be back tomorrow to share the second card, in the meantime have fun with whatever you're making.
Hugs Kath xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment