Monday, September 23, 2013

And breathe...

Hi folks...a huge thank you for all your lovely comments yesterday...it really means so much to me that you took time to leave such positive messages for my adorable Furry Boy. I've just been going through the motions for the last few weeks...getting by on automatic pilot really and if the truth be told I did try on several occasions to share the news that rocked my world with you all but seeing it in print was just too overwhelming. None of us know what the future holds or what fate has in store for us...statistics show that 3 out 5 people in the UK will be affected by cancer at some time in their lives but you never think it will come knocking at your door. A special thank you to my colleagues at Fiskars for their concern and support and I will always be grateful to the very special buddies who lifted my spirits and got me through what was the worst weekend of my life. And now I can breathe a huge sigh of relief...my superstar "took it all in his stride" bundle of golden deliciousness is on the mend...the skin cancer was removed successfully with good clear margins and although pessimism is not a word in my vocabulary...I have to face the fact there's a risk it could recur...vigilance and early detection are key so the cubbyhole crew are putting on our happy smiley optimistic faces...thinking positive...taking each day as it comes and will be good and ready to kick it's ass again if it does.
And life goes on so I'm trying to get back to the daily routine...in the world of the cubbyhole there's always a pile of crafty stuff waiting for the conveyor belt crew to jump into action but with my first weekend at home for what seems ages...we took advantage of the glorious sunny weather and enjoyed some chill out feet up and lazing around time before we head back today to the worky stuff and finish off the projects for this month's Kath's Klub classes at The Papeterie...


and it's all about Christmas now and probably will be for the foreseeable future...Autumn is definitely just around the corner...the leaves are starting to change colour...all that gorgeous red and gold foliage to look forward to...won't be long before we're packing away the Summer Skimpies and unearthing the hats...gloves...scarves and winter woolies ready for the chilly days.
and a special thank you to our lovely buddy Polly for your good wishes and gorgeous card...
See you all tomorrow
and thanks again from me and the "milking it for all it's worth" Furry Boy
Hugs Kath xxx