Thursday, September 5, 2013

Everything's Gone Wonky...

Hi folks...my favourite topic of conversation...the one that has us all whooping with delight or mumping and moaning...yes it's our good old changeable British weather and it hasn't half gone a bit wonky...one day there's definitely a chill in the air and I'm packing away the summer duds and the next the sun's come back out to play but enjoy it while we can folks because I'm sure I won't be enjoying my first cuppa of the day outdoors for much longer...
Now the observant folks amongst you will note that the Slipper Monster has been at work again...oh yes there is a matching pair out there somewhere but I'm darned if I can find it and The Furry Boy is keeping that particular closely guarded secret to himself which means I'm in wonky walking mode and definitely avoiding answering the door or venturing to the shops in my slippers...yes that does sometimes happen.
And my plans for the weekend...a bit of shopping to stock up the "Mother Hubbard" larder...catching up with the dreaded household chores and perhaps a lazy Sunday with my feet up and exercising the old brain with the crosswords have also gone a bit wonky...I'm off on my travels again to Sheffield...yep Sheffield in South Yorkshire...a "bit far from home" little jaunt in response to a "can you help us out" plea from Fiskars. Mr Fuse and I will be strutting our stuff at the local Hobbycraft on Saturday...a 7 hour train journey down tomorrow and the same back on Sunday so that's taken care of my weekend but hey ho...lots of time for catching up on my reading...how many crosswords can I complete on the journey...much scenery admiring and no doubts lots of cuppas to pass the time and if you live in that neck of the woods....I would love to meet you. I love travelling by train...no restriction about carrying sharp pointy things on board and no weight allowance rules for your baggage which is just as well...
so far it weighs a ton...much of the space is taken up with the demo kit and samples so it looks like I'll be travelling light in the what to wear department...may have to be Fiskars apron and a spare pair of knickers and I'll be searching out a nice hunky man at the station fluttering my eyelashes or playing the frail old lady card to get this heavyweight on board...works everytime.
Don't forget to tune in to Create and Craft today at 10.00am...4.00pm and 7.00pm to see the fabulous Julie Hickey and wonderful Craftwork Cards goodies including the brand new absolutely gorgeous Christmas Post Collection...
Whatever you've got planned for the weekend...enjoy and I'll see you all tomorrow for this month's challenge over at Penny Black Saturday
Hugs Kath xxx