Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Fun at Hobbycraft

Hi folks...after being suitably fed and watered I headed off on the trip to Hobbycraft and how cool to travel to work by tram...a cheap as chips...super efficient hop skip and jump journey...dropping me right at the entrance to the Meadowhall Shopping Centre...
home to lots of retail shops and Hobbycraft...
all set up waiting for the hordes of shoppers to arrive...
and arrive they did in their droves...busy busy day and oh boy was I super excited when these 3 lovely buddies arrived to keep me company...my bestest buddy and fellow Tim Holtz groupie...the lovely Anne who came just to say hello and left with Mr Fuse's brother under her arm and the lovely Susan and her Mum Sheila who I met a few years ago at GNPE Harrogate...thanks so much girls...it meant so much to me that you took time out to come and visit.
Mr Fuse was kept very busy....
strutting his stuff...
and showing off his versatility...
Thanks to Michelle and the lovely staff at Hobbycrafts for their hospitality...I had a fun day but all too soon it was time to head back on the tram to my temporary place of residence for one more night. I arrived to find a wedding in full swing and a small boy in floods of tears because his Mum & Dad couldn't tie his bow tie...Grandma Fiskars to the rescue...as I fiddled adjusted and got it sitting just right...he looked into my eyes and asked my name through the sobs...had to giggle when I came back down for dinner and he shouted at the top of his voice across the foyer....Hiya Kath...think I made a little friend there.
Ever the optimist I headed off to bed...peace and quiet outside until my rude awakening at 4.30am by a woman outside on her mobile phone...with a voice like hers I doubt she really needed the phone...got me wondering whether she was coming home or going to work...could feel myself dropping off again when the man with noisy road sweeper turned up...if you can't beat them join them...just time to fit in another city centre stroll before I left the beautiful but not sleep friendly city of Sheffield.
Sadly the journey home was a long boring tiring affair...a distinct contrast from the fun "passed in a flash" journey down...sitting opposite 3 sour faced obsessed I-Pad and I-Phone users who were obviously not interested in the art of conversation...7 hours of silence for chatterbox me was a real pain in the ass and it makes you wonder why God gave us a voice in the first place...in the world of evolution...a million years hence the human voice box may well shrivel up and disappear and we'll be back to communicating by grunting again...makes you think doesn't it.
See you all tomorrow
Hugs Kath xxx