Friday, June 27, 2014

From Little Acorns...

Hi folks...I'm sure I'm not the only crafter who starts off with the best intentions in the world and then oops-a-daisy before you know...you're off on an entirely different tangent.  The plan was to have another go at Tim's June Tag...my earlier effort was a quick slam bam thank you ma'am affair but then I stumbled across this bundle of Artist Trading Blocks sent to me by my lovely buddy Anne...
and who would have thought that these die cut strips could turn into such wonderful pieces of art...a real "from little acorns...mighty oaks grow" moment...I had great fun using the technique from Tim's June Watercolour Stencil Tag technique to decorate the panels and then went to town die-cutting Garden Greens and Tattered Florals

thoroughly spritzed the flowers with water before dragging them through a puddle of Dusty Concord Re-inker...scrunched them up and dried with a heat tool...


And with Federer...Nadal...Murray and Djokovic "not without a scary injury moment" through to the next round...Wimbledon is hotting up for another week of great tennis.
Hugs Kath xxx