Sunday, June 15, 2014

Something Old...Something New

Hi folks...I'm stuck fast in a big old crafty rut...I'm sure it happens to you too from time to time...do you ever find yourself a little bit overwhelmed by all the new stuff you just had to have and once it arrives you sit staring at it vacantly with not a scooby doo what you're going to make...YES...ME TOO and it doesn't help that the guy that provides the inspiration around here...we call him Mr Mojo but right now his name is mud...yes he's taken off without a by your leave..deserted his post and left us up the creek without a paddle.
But I've been here before and am used to pulling something out of the hat when my back's up against the wall so I set myself a challenge to make another card with The Ribbon Girl DT parcel along with...
Something Old...Something New...
the NEW being the gorgeous 8" x 8" Paper Pads from LOTV...the ones I couldn't resist when I saw my lovely "twin in another life" buddy Dawny P demo with them on Create and Craft...I love Nitwit Collections and especially the homespun country look of the Country Gent Paper Pad.
the OLD...are the store cupboard precoloured Cute Squares that have been hiding at the back of a shelf for ages...an absolute must-have for this crafter who's a bit challenged when it comes to colouring...
and just to up the ante a bit...to use the gorgeous Ivory Open Roses from The Ribbon Girl which put paid to my first idea of making a male card...

You might not agree but hey I'm happy with it and am already planning what's going to be on today's "who needs Mr Mojo" challenge list. See you all tomorrow with another Something Old...Something New project.
Hugs Kath xxx