Friday, April 22, 2022

Simon Says - Another XL Stacked Greetings Card

Happy Friday my friends and what a surprise, I'm sharing another card using the XL Sketched Greetings stamp set from Simon Says latest release, Happy and Joyful along with patterned paper from the Simon Says Life Is A Party April Card Kit and Tim Holtz/Sizzix Modern Floristry Thinlits, inspired by the beautiful spring sunshine we've had this week and the joy of being able to spend time pottering in the garden.

I began by trimming the patterned paper to 4" x 5.1/4", matted on to a panel of Idea-ology Black KraftStock trimmed to be 1/8" larger and fixed to an A2 white card blank.
I trimmed Distress Watercolor card to 2.1/4" x 3.3/4, matted on to Idea-ology Black Kraftstock and trimmed to leave a small border. I stamped the sentiment from Simon Says XL Stacked Greetings on to the panel, inked with Simon Says Intense Black ink.
I die-cut the flowers from Distress Watercolor card using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Modern Floristry Thinlits, coloured with Scattered Straw and Fossilized Amber Distress Oxides using a Distress Blender Brush, coloured the flower centres with a black marker and fixed in place with foam adhesive.


I'm hoping that the glorious weather continues over the weekend because I have my trusty squad rocking up tomorrow to move the last ton of gravel and complete Stage 1 of the garden make-over - much later than planned but hey ho, if I have learned anything over the last 2 years, it's that you just have to go with the flow. Enjoy your weekend, whatever you have planned.
Hugs Kath xxx

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card Kath love that yellow and the great sentiment xx

    ReplyDelete