Thursday, April 7, 2022

Tim Holtz/Sizzix Chapter 2 - Silhouette Birds

Hi my friends, I'm sharing another trio of cards I made for the YouTube Live launch of the Tim Holtz/Sizzix Chapter 2 release using Silhouette Birds, Bold Text 2 and Bold Text 1 (from the Chapter 1 release) Thinlits. If you missed the YouTube Live launch, you can watch the replay, check out the must-have new dies and 3D Texture Fades on Tim's YouTube Channel HERE and be inspired by the amazing projects from the Makers on Tim's Blog HERE.

I began by colouring 4" x 5.1/4" panels of Distress Watercolor card by smooshing Walnut Stain, Vintage Photo, Speckled Egg and Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide ink pads on to the craft mat on my Glass Media Mat and spritzed with water. I laid the panels into the ink, spritzed with water, dried, tapped back in to the ink to pick up the remaining droplets and dried.
I decided to create another panel in the same way using Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Moon Mask, applied Speckled Egg Distress Paint through the Dotted Line Mini Layering Stencil from Set 51 using a mini round blending tool and die-cut 2 of the panels using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Bold Text 2 Thinlits. I fixed black thread across 2 of the panels and fixed all 3 panels to white card blanks covered with Tim Holtz Idea-ology Black KraftStock.
I stamped the image from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Faded Type randomly on the panels, inked with Versamark ink and heat embossed with Ranger Superfine White Embossing Powder.
I die-cut the birds using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Silhouette Birds Thinlits from Idea-ology Black KraftStock, sanded to reveal the kraft core and fixed to the panels with Distress Collage Medium and foam adhesive. I die-cut the Happy Birthday from Tim Holtz/Sizzix Bold Text 1, used the fall out letters to spell Happy Birday and fixed in place with Distress Collage Medium Matte.
I used Tim Holtz/Sizzix Woven 3D Texture Fade to emboss a scrap of Distress Watercolor card from a previous make which had been coloured with Speckled Egg Distress Oxide ink, die-cut using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Stacked Tiles Hearts Thinlits and fixed to the panels with foam adhesive.
To finish I added Tim Holtz Idea-ology Sentiment Label Stickers.





I'll be back soon to share another make using Chapter 2 dies, in the meantime, have fun with whatever you are making.
Hugs Kath xxx