Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Simon Says - Happy and Joyful

Hi my friends, today is debut day for Simon Says Stamp latest release, Happy and Joyful. You can check out all the new products from the release HERE.

I instantly fell in love with the XL Stacked Greeting stamp set and created a card using one of the sentiments from the set, along with the Lined Background 6" x 6" Cling Stamp set to add interest to the background and Tim Holtz/Sizzix Falling Hearts Thinlits and Woven 3D Texture Fade.

I smooshed Saltwater Taffy and Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide inks on to the craft mat on my Glass Media Mat, spritzed with water, laid a panel of Distress Watercolor card into the inks, dried and tapped back in to pick up the remaining ink. I dried the panel and stamped the XL Stacked Greetings sentiment, inked with Simon Says Intense Black ink.
I inked the Lined Background Cling stamp set with Saltwater Taffy Distress Oxide ink, held the stamp in my hands and stamped randomly around the sentiment. I sprinkled the panel with Simon Says Clear Embossing Powder and heat set. Because I had made sure that the background was completely dry before stamping, the powder only adhered to the sentiment and background stamping.
I coloured a scrap of Distress Watercolor card with Saltwater Taffy Distress Oxide ink and die-cut using the individual heart dies from Tim Holtz/Sizzix Falling Hearts Thinlits.  I dragged Simon Says Intense Black ink over the raised side of Tim Holtz/Sizzix Woven 3D Texture Fade, placed the hearts inside the folder and embossed using my Sizzix Foldaway. I created splatters with White Gesso and while they were still wet, sprinkled with Simon Says White Embossing Powder and heat set.


I fixed the hearts in place with foam adhesive, trimmed the panel to 4" x 5.1/4", matted on to a panel of Simon Says Black Cardstock, trimmed to be slightly larger and fixed to an A2 white card blank.
Happy Crafting
Hugs Kath xxx