Friday, April 29, 2022

Simon Says - Just A Note To Say Hello

Hi my friends, I'm back to share another card using the gorgeous Brushed Flowers stamp set from Simon Says Stamp May Card Kit. If you visit my blog regularly, you'll know that I'm an inky background person, very rarely do I use patterned paper BUT on this occasion, I decided to step out of my comfort zone and use one of the beautiful Prima Painted Floral papers included in the kit, well, you've got to live dangerously once in a while.

I trimmed the Prima patterned paper to 4" x 5.1/4" and fixed to a white card blank using Distress Collage Medium Matte. I stamped the sentiment from the Brushed Flowers stamp set, inked with Simon Says Intense Black ink.
I stamped a selection of flowers and leaves using the Pawsitively Saturated Mini Ink Cubes included in the kit and Seafoam Pawsitively Saturated ink which came in a previous kit. I used the mini blending brushes to add shading to the images by applying a different colour of ink to the stamp and re-stamping.
There are dies available for this stamp set but mine haven't arrived yet so I looked out my trusty Tim Holtz Haberdashery Scissors and fussy cut, which I don't mind and find quite relaxing.
I fixed the flowers and leaves to the panel using foam adhesive to create dimension and added splatters of Black Gesso..

It seems the sunshine is set to continue through the weekend in my little corner of the planet, so I'm planning a weekend in the garden, scarifying the lawn, planting up containers, generally pottering around and enjoying a coffee at every opportunity. Have a great weekend and have fun with whatever you are doing.
Hugs Kath xxx

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Kath your cutting out the petals are amazing lovely background too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kath,this is so pretty it lifts the heart.Those colours,and the images just beautiful I love it.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you are a great fussy-cutter, Kath! Beautifully created on that orange-striped background!

    ReplyDelete