Friday, April 8, 2022

Tim Holtz/Sizzix Chapter 2 - Bold Text 2 Thinlits

Happy Friday my friends, the end of another week, where does time go. I'm sharing the trio of cards I made for the YouTube Live launch of Tim Holtz/Sizzix Chapter 2 release using Bold Text 2 and Modern Floristry Thinlits.  If you missed the Live, you can rewatch on Tim's YouTube Channel HERE to check out the new dies and 3D Texture Fade Embossing Folders and be inspired by the projects from the Makers shared on Tim's Blog HERE.



I began by scoring and folding Distress Kraft HeavyStock to create 3 - 4" x 6" cards and for the first 2 cards, I opened the cards and die-cut You Got This using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Bold Text 2 and the dotted die from Modern Floristry. I added masking tape around the edges of the cards and stamped the backgrounds from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Lumberjack inked with Ground Espresso Distress Archival and Simon Says White Pigment ink. I added panels of white and brown cardstock inside the cards.
On the third card, I masked the edges as before and stamped the Rings Background from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Halftone and Rings inked with Ground Espresso Distress Archival.
I die-cut You Got This from Distress Watercolor card and trimmed to create a template the same size as the card front.
I inked with Saltwater Taffy Distress Oxide ink to create an ombre effect, splattered with water and dried.
I removed the letters from the template, fixed the template temporarily to the front and pieced the letters back in to the negative spaces, fixed in place with Distress Collage Medium Matte.
I die-cut the flowers and leaf stems to decorate the 3 cards using Distress Watercolor card, Brown cardstock and Distress Watercolor card coloured with Saltwater Taffy Distress Oxide ink. On the large flower, I over-stamped with the Lumberjack background, inked with Ground Espresso Distress Archival ink. On the card on the left, I die-cut You Got This 3 times from Distress Watercolor card, fixed one set of die-cut letters back into the negative spaces and layered the other two on top to create dimension.




Have fun with whatever you are making
Hugs Kath xxx

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Kath, I always love coming to see what you have to show most days, its so inspiring.
    Hope the snow has gone, have a nice weekend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don’t see enough of cards being made with kraft card l just love using it and l too should use it more they are beautiful love the large letters and the floral images cut out too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these! I'm such a fan of kraft based cards and these are awesome. Everything just pops. Thank you SO much for sharing your talent with us.

    ReplyDelete