Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Tim Holtz/Sizzix Chapter 2 - Artsy Stems Etcetera Tag

Hi my friends, I'm sharing the last of the projects I made for the YouTube Live launch of Tim Holtz/Sizzix Chapter 2 release, an Etcetera Tag decorated using Artsy Stems/ Bold Text 2 Thinlits and Woven 3D Texture Fade. If you missed the live you can catch up with all the new dies and 3D Texture Fades on Tim's YouTube Channel HERE and check out all the inspiring projects from the Makers on Tim's Blog HERE.



I began by trimming Distress Watercolor card to be slightly larger than the Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Small Etcetera Tag and coloured with Antique Linen and Old Paper Distress Spray Stains. I dragged Frayed Burlap Distress Oxide ink across the raised surface of the Tim Holtz/Sizzix Woven 3D Texture Fade, placed the card inside and embossed. I die-cut the Tim Holtz/Sizzix Artsy Stems from Distress Watercolor card 4 times and layered to make them dimensional and sturdier. I smooshed Scattered Straw, Carved Pumpkin, Cracked Pistachio and Peeled Paint Distress Oxide inks on to the craft mat on my Glass Media Mat, spritzed with water and tapped the die-cut flowers into the inks, repeated until I was happy with the colours and dried between layers. I coloured and embossed a scrap of Distress Watercolor card in the same way as the main panel, die-cut using Bold Text 2 Thinlits and placed card behind coloured with Carved Pumpkin Distress Oxide ink.
I fixed the Distress Watercolor panel to the Etcetera Tag using Distress Collage Medium and once dry, sanded the edges to neaten. I fixed 3 of the die-cut flowers to the panel with Distress Collage Medium Matte and placed foam adhesive behind the flower heads to create dimension. I fixed the other 3 flowers to the die-cut panel, trimmed thin strips of heavyweight acetate and placed behind the flowers to keep them upright, because the stems are too thin to use foam adhesive. I fixed Idea-ology Mummy Cloth to the back of the die-cut panel, placed foam adhesive behind the flower heads and fixed to the Etcetera Tag. The white swirls are the centres from the flower on the left.
I added drops of Gilded Distress Foundry Wax to my craft mat, picked up on my finger, tapped on to the edges of the Etcetera Tag, the die-cut panel at the bottom and the centres of the flowers and heat set.
I added Foundry Wax to the tag circle, heat set and fixed in place with Distress Collage Medium. I coloured Idea-ology Crinkle Ribbon by spraying with Antique Linen and Cracked Pistachio Distress Spray Stains, spritzed with water and dried. I tied the ribbon to the top of the tag, used my finger to  apply Gilded Distress Foundry Wax to the edges and heat set.






Happy Crafting
Hugs Kath xxx

2 comments: