Wednesday, July 23, 2008

2 Sketches 4 You Challenge

The sketch this week on 2 Sketches 4 You has been set by Kazan.
Now regular visitors to my blog will know that my card making style is fairly simple and I like nice clean lines...well I don't know if the sun is affecting my brain or the fact that I have working with the fabulous new downloads from Funky Hand has anything to do with you it....but hold onto your hats folks....because KATH has gone FUNKY in a big way....way out of my comfort zone but I quite like it......as you can see I am head over heels in love with the papers from the new downloads and can't stop playing with them.. lots of inking and doodling and a bit of ripping and distressing...a technique that Kerry does beautifully....I think I have a way to go before I master it but it was fun.

It's another gorgeous day here and I am usually so disciplined about my working day but it's hard when you work from home and the patio area is just outside my little work space..the sun is shining, the birds are singing ...can't help but pop out every so often for a relax and another coffee to keep the caffeine levels up to speed..and it is so difficult to force myself back to the grind....it's just as well that we don't get this weather all year round.....card production levels would be virtually nil.

  • Papers: "Funky Little Christmas"downoad - Funky Hand
  • Stamp: Snowflake Rosette - Hero Arts
  • Alphabet: Thickers - American Crafts
  • Ribbon: American Crafts
  • Rub-ons: All Mixed Up - Doodlebug
  • Ampersand: Cut with Cricut George & Basic Shapes at 2" Shadow