Monday, July 14, 2008

Can't resist a challenge

This was a sketch that Chris featured in a post on the Fiskarettes blog pointing out the benefts of using sketches in Cardmaking and Scrapbooking. I love working with a sketch - a great source of inspiration and and let's face it we all suffer from the dreaded "Crafter's Block" from time to time. I must admit I am thoroughly addicted to sketch challenges and when Chriss - one of my Fiskarettes buddies left the following comment "well i do love a crafty challenge…is anyone else going to join me and have a go" well say no more my name was in the hat - never been a girl to duck a challenge....but surely we can do better than that so I challenged all the other Fiskarettes to get creative....can't wait to see how everyone else interprets the sketch.
I turned the sketch around to make my first card and then the old mojo went into overdrive and I made a further two cards.....each one different.
  • Papers: Shabby Saturday available as a download ....Funky Hand
  • Flourish: Clear Stamp Set....HOTP
  • Brackets: Thickers....American Crafts
  • Sentiment: Alphabet Stickers....American Crafts and Clear Stamp Set....HOTP
  • Papers: American Stor
  • Cardstock: Craftwork Cards
  • Ribbon: Poppicrafts
  • Flourish: Autumn Leaves - Rhona Farrer
  • Sentiment & Image: Hero Arts - Sparkle Clear "Hello Birdie
  • Papers: Cardmakers Floral Ultimate Pack...HOTP
  • Flowers: Cuttlebug Asterisks Die
  • Ribbon: American Crafts
  • Buttons: Basic Grey Sultry Collection