Saturday, May 24, 2014

Best Foot Forward...

Hi folks...today's the day I'll be putting my best foot forward or preferably stepping out with both feet perfectly co-ordinated and working in perfect harmony...yes it's the day of my
BLING FLING CHARITY WALK ADVENTURE
The North East's Pinkiest Sparkliest Charity Walk and Party
it's all weather dependent whether I cross the line with a great big happy grin or looking like a drookit rat...according to the Man from The Met...light rain is forecast...now excuse me for putting a damper on the proceedings but we all know that his idea of light rain probably means a torrential downpour so there's probably no need to load myself down with bottled water when there's every chance I'll be drenched in the stuff before I've even got going. Brollies are not permitted...the old Health & Safety "you might poke someone's eye out" thing so I've had to rethink the outfit...I did have a quick shufty round the supermarket but apparently BIN LINERS are not yet available in PINK SPARKLY material so instead of looking like the hottest of pink fairies I'm probably going to look like something that's been dumped in a skip and there's going to be an OMG disaster if the dye in my Coco The Clown hottest pink ever wig isn't waterproof...I'll be crossing the line with a permanently coloured HOT FUSCHIA PINK face and the body of a GREAT BIG RUBBER FETISH SLIMY BLOB or on the other hand...if the sun does decide to shine...there's every chance that the above mentioned  "nylon" headgear may well melt so either way I'm probably going to end up looking like a dragged through a hedge "SIGHT FOR SORE EYES".
Can I just say a huge "from the bottom of my heart" thank you to all the folks who contributed so generously to my Justgiving Page and helped me to reach my target of £500...wooohoo...your very kind and generous support is truly appreciated and come hell or high water which is more than likely according to the Man from The Met...I won't let you down...I WILL BE crossing that finishing line whether it's later today with the legs still in tact or next week on my hands and knees.
Hang on to your galluses folks...if all goes well...scary "warts and all" photos coming tomorrow.
Hugs Kath xxx