Saturday, May 3, 2014

Penny Black Saturday Challenge...May

Hi folks...it's Saturday...the first Saturday in May...I know I'm wondering where April went too and of course that means it's time to head over to Penny Black Saturday for a brand new challenge...

FAVOURITE PENNY BLACK STAMP
well that set the cat amongst the pigeons and no mistake...this indecisive skidding in by the seat of my pants crafter had a real dilemma on her hands...no time for the usual "this one...this one or this one" faffing around so I took myself out to the garden with a cuppa for a ponder and lo and behold I was instantly inspired...it had to be my most favourite Penny Black flower...Cheerful...
which also meant a chance to use the fabulous Crinoline fabric that my lovely buddy Anne sent me...it's a cotton loose weave stiff fabric which is wonderful to work with...it holds it's shape beautifully...is easy to stamp on to and it loves Distress Inks...making blending colours an absolute walk in the park...coloured with Mustard Seed...Wild Honey and Spiced Marmalade.
I created the background using Pumice Stone Distress Paint..a little bit of shadow stamping with the diamond icon from Penny Black Salutations...overstamping with a text stamp...adding some stencilling with Tim Holtz - Bubble and I had to sneak in Tim's new Frameworks Trellis...some Chit Chat stickers and Mimosa Yellow Seam Binding from The Ribbon Girl to finish it all off...

as usual there are fabulous prizes up for grabs and gorgeous inspiration from my teamies...so why don't you hop on over to Penny Black Saturday and check it out.
I'm off to pack up the car and head over to The Papeterie for a fun day with the lovely crafty folks who are joining me today at Kath's Klub. In the meantime...happy crafting and enjoy your holiday weekend whatever the weather...I'll be back tomorrow to share some of today's makes.
Hugs Kath xxx