Tuesday, May 20, 2014

"12 Tags of 2014"

Hi folks...I'm currently splattered from head to toe in paint...looking forward to yet another day with only a can of paint and a brush for company and that sure is proof that you should not believe everything you read...problem is I'm as messy when it comes to decorating as I am at crafting...all those paint specks have turned my hair white overnight just the same way that my fingers turn into messy tattie howking digits when anything Distress is around but strangely enough I managed to stay relatively pristine making this month's tag for...
I have to say I had a blast with this one...for starters that Shadowpress Debossing Folder is absolutely gorgeous...fast becoming yet another of my addictions and what fun it was rooting through the stash of all things Idea-ology looking for suitable adornments...
making these tags just wouldn't be half as much fun without the obligatory adapt and overcome adventure...I don't have the Movers and Shapers butterfly but I did happen to have the Eclectic Elements butterfly fabric on my workdesk so with a little help from double sided adhesive sheet and a scrap of grungepaper I created my own...
 and then decided to cover some of the tiles with fabric too...
I spritzed the tag with Picket Fence Distress Paint to soften it down a little bit and I'm still sitting on the fence as to whether that was a step too far but hey ho...you live and learn.
There's a distinct lack of crafting stuff to share now that the cubbyhole has temporarily shut up shop in favour of some DIY fun and I'm sure you're not remotely interested in pictures of paint drying so who knows what tomorrow's blog post is going to be...perhaps the Furry Boy will step in or perhaps I could be persuaded to share a little sneaky peek of the outfit I'll be wearing on Sunday on the Bling Fling Charity Walk...all I will say is...there's BLING and there's Kath style "crikey I hope I don't meet anyone I know" BLING.
Hugs Kath xxx