Friday, May 16, 2014

Paper Couture Meets Tim Holtz

Hi folks...it's my turn to post over at the Craftwork Cards Blog today and I thought it was time that Mr Tim Holtz was introduced to Craftwork Cards beautiful Paper Couture Collection and a chance for me to decorate a mini configuration book that's been sitting in the cubbyhole for some time...a killing 2 birds with one stone exercise to create a sewing storage solution...

I started by removing all the boxes from the book and painted all the surfaces which were not going to be covered with paper with a coat of Gesso...a bit of a messy procedure but lots of fun and easy to remove with the help of Tim's wonderful scrubbie...
I didn't fancy all the fiddly measuring of paper strips to cover the inside side sections of the boxes so I covered them with Tape Measure Washi tape...ideal for the job as these boxes are never truly square...just ripping and overlapping where necessary.
I covered the bottom of each box with papers from the Paper Couture Pad...glued the boxes in place but you don't have to as they are quite a tight fit...
 I covered the sides of the book with strips of paper...
and the front back and spine with papers from the Paper Couture Pad and then came the fun part...decorating the front...
with die cut Mannequins and Tags...I cut out the sewing machine and scissors from the papers...added lace...circle punch buttons, pearls, washi tape, a scissor charm, Bare Basics Wooden Rulers. 
I used Tim Holtz Idea-ology Alpha Letters to create the word "SEW"...
the Sewing Die to make the bobbins...
and an Idea-ology Buckle and Ruler Ribbon to make the closure. Voila all the bits and pieces I can never usually find when I need them...all in one "Paper Couture meets Tim Holtz" Sewing Tidy.
I'll see you all tomorrow over at The Ribbon Girl Challenge Blog for this month's colour challenge...in the meantime happy crafting and enjoy your weekend whatever you plan on doing.
Hugs Kath xxx