Monday, July 7, 2014

Close Encounters Of The Scary Kind

Hi folks...well there's good news...lots of things ticked off yesterday's list...the carpet is ordered and it's too late now for any of that "oops should I have gone for the other one" nonsense...the paintbrushes have been scrubbed and stored away for another day and the cubbyhole's back to it's original crafty space status BUT that's as far as I've got.
With great intentions  I headed for the cubbyhole all set to get cracking with the crafty stuff when...
 CUE VERY SCARY MUSIC...
the biggest fattest spider with great long spindly legs raced across my non stick craft mat and took cover under my Fiskars trimmer...crikey no way was I staying in the same room with that eight legged monster and why is my "spider putter outsider" (hubby) never there when I need his services. In desperation I grabbed an empty jar hoping to trap him for release into the garden later and you would have been so proud of this terrified old crafter when I threw all thoughts of personal safety to the wind and gingerly lifted the trimmer but HE WAS GONE...I dropped the trimmer to the floor just in case he was hanging on for dear life in some hidden recess BUT NO...OMG where was he...was he sitting looking at me with his big bulgy eyes just waiting to pounce...well I was out of there faster than was good for my little old legs...blimey I would have left Usain Bolt standing in my sprint to safety closing the cubbyhole door behind me...I've no idea what good that was going to do...I'm sure he was already planning his escape through the microscopic gap. Animal lover I certainly am but anything with more than 4 legs does NOT feature on my list of cubbyhole companions so I'll be spending the day out here...
enjoying the blue sky sunshiney weather with a far more friendly companion while hubby hunts him down or scours every nook and cranny to make sure he's no longer resident in my crafty space
See you all tomorrow
Hugs Kath xxx