Friday, July 18, 2014

Postcard from Paris

Hi folks...I'm back again with my usual monthly post over at the Craftwork Cards Blog and this time I've been playing with the gorgeous Postcard From Paris Paper Pad...haven't decided yet whether it will be a wall hanging or an album cover.
I started off with an 8"x8" piece of chipboard and covered it with the Map paper (the papers just happen to be the same size so no point in making life complicated.  I coloured the edge with the chisel nib of a black Promarker...great for hiding the unsightly edges of the chipboard and creating a frame for your work at the same time.
The alphabet letters are Grunge Paper Alphabets from Tim Holtz coloured with Black Soot Distress Paint.  I embossed the big "P" with the Postcard Embossing Folder from you know who and sanded it back to give a bit of texture.  The Eiffel Tower...Postage Label and Pointy Finger are French Industrial Salvage Stickers (yes from TH)
I cut Grunge Board into odd sized tiles...covered them with the Postcard From Paris papers and edged each one with the black Promarker. I then stamped each tile with small sentiments or icons and decorated with Alphabet and Chit Chat Stickers.
As there are no die cuts flowers available with the Postcard From Paris papers...I had a rummage through my Craftwork Cards stash and found a few sheets left over from the Blush Rose Collection and what do you know...a perfect colour match...
And I'm off to the seaside tomorrow with The Ribbon Girls so why don't you join me for a paddle
Hugs Kath xxx