Sunday, July 20, 2014

Beside The Seaside...

Hi Folks...the third Sunday of the month and it's time to join The Ribbon Girls for another Colour Challenge...the colour chosen is...
AQUA/TURQUOISE
so we're off on a trip to the seaside...
I made two wall hangings which may find their way to my ensuite bathroom
I started off with blank chipboard 4.5" squares painted with a layer of gesso...then coloured them with Peacock Feathers and Broken China Distress Paint.  I then coloured Wendy Vecchi White Embossing Paste with small amounts of the Distress Paints and spread roughly across the surface.  I added more texture using the White Embossing Paste and Wendy's Leaves Stencil and also smeared the paste around the edges. Once the paste had dried I mixed up the Pebeo Glaze Resin and had great fun dribbling it here there and everywhere and left it to dry overnight.
Then it was time to decorate with Mixed Shells...Prima Treasures Sea Collection Resins...Mini Dahlia Vintage Teal...Self Adhesive Pearls and Twine


a close up of the Pebeo Glaze Resin dribbly bits

Pop across to the Ribbon Girls Challenge Blog to check out the gorgeous creations from my fellow team mates and our Guest Designer for this month...Tracy Payne and the prizes up for grabs this month.
Enjoy what's left of your weekend
Hugs Kath xxx