Monday, July 14, 2014

A Vintage Flora Happy Accident...

Hi folks...I'm sharing the first of 2 posts this month over at the Craftwork Cards Blog and oh boy I was finding it hard to choose between all the fabulous collections of papers and kits released recently until I came across the gorgeous Vintage Flora Paper Blox Pad that I had completely forgotten about...naughty...naughty but I bet that sounds familiar...
6" x 6" pad containing 72 sheets of gorgeous papers (9 sheets of 8 designs)
plenty to indulge one of my favourite pastimes...cutting out floral images to create a 3D effect

I decided to make a criss-cross card but should have plugged the old brain in first...because instead of fixing the cards together so that the cut-away flaps were coming from either side...crossing over each other to create an envelope style card...goodness knows what I was thinking...I had one flap folding in from the left and the other folding down from the top and just when I was thinking "bin and back to square one" I realised I had just created a "happy accident" twist on my original idea ...an "all's well that ends well" card.

I fixed the top folding flap down...cut strips of paper and threaded with ribbon to fix to each flap...otherwise the card was not going to close...
fussy cut lots of flowers from the one of the papers, fixed in place with 3D foam pads and decorated with White Enamel Accents finishing off with In Circles Sentiments...
But must dash I'm going to be burning the midnight oil to get ahead of the game...the grandkiddos are coming this morning for a sleep-over and the guys will be arriving shortly after to fit the stair carpet...woohoo
Hugs Kath xxx