Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Cute Button Box...

Morning folks...the "taking over my every waking moment" Fiskars samples are almost done...just 5 to go but to absolutely guarantee that I retain my sanity right through to the end I took my lovely buddy Paula's advice and decided to sneak in a little playtime. Yesterday's project for Penny Black Saturday set me thinking about that syndrome that most of us crafters suffer from...oh yes that uncontrollable urge to keep buying new stuff when you already have enough crafty stuff to keep you going for years. And this is the time of year when your crafty purse could be feeling a tad stretched after the expense of Christmas...January seems to be the longest month when you're waiting for your next pay cheque...juggling the pennies to pay off the dreaded credit card bill so don't beat yourself up if you're on a temporary stash diet.  Time to make something out of all those papers and bits and pieces that have been hiding in the darkest recesses of your crafty space for many moons...so after a root around in the cubbyhole...here's what I found...
 
this cute little stacking Snowman box that I bought last November in New York...the sweeties contained therein have long gone....why didn't I line his body up with his head before I took this photo...
Gorgeous Bo Bunny Papers...Chipboards and Alphabets again bought last year and sadly forgotten in the cubbyhole paper mountain.  So I set to work...sticking down the papers and giving the lids a lick of paint...Annie Sloan Duck Egg Blue mixed with Old White..but any acrylic paint would do...
stacked the boxes..each box glued to the lid below it...
and then it was time for the fun bit...the embellishments and if you don't have the right colour of ribbon....get out those Promarkers or Distress Inks and have a play...I buy lots of white ribbon and then it's easy to colour match to the colours you're using in your project...

and it also works on plain old white Prima flowers
time for the decorating...


and I'm sure you'll agree I have ended up with a pretty cute box for my buttons....made from almost nothing...just need to find the time to give the old Licqorice Allsorts tin and Snowman's buddy the thrifty treatment...
and if you decide to have a go....I would love to see what you've made...just leave me a comment with a link to your project.  Catch up with you all tomorrow.
Hugs Kath xxx