Thursday, January 7, 2010

Papertake Weekly Challenge

Morning folks....I have surprised even myself...here I am with my challenge card for Papertake Weekly....blimey none of that skidding in at the last minute this week......could this be a case of "start off the year as you mean to go on".....don't hold your breath....it may just be a little hiccup in my chaotic crafty world.
The challenge this week over at Papertake Weekly is...

NEW BEGINNINGS
and I don't know about you folks.....but any creative thoughts I have still involve snowflakes and snowmen....I suppose the covering of snow outside the window doesn't help either..so drastic measures are called for....look out the bright zingy spring colours and take it from there....and they don't come any zingier than this fabulous collection from WeRMemory Keepers....a huge 12 x 12 pad of gorgeous papers that just goes on and on and on.....







Papers..Rub-ons and Alphabets: WEMK....Nonsense Collection
Stickers: American Crafts....Giddy
Sentiment: American Crafts....Fabric Thickers
Ribbon: American Crafts

Well I've made a bit of a start in the plan to ditch Christmas but shock horror....there is still a slight hint....the house looks as though it is sitting in a field of......yes you've guessed it.....SNOW.
And this tickled my sense of humour this morning....the table on the patio which is my photographic studio when the weather is a little kinder.....I think it is well and truly out of commission for a while



and check out the icicles hanging from the shrivelled up clematis



and more snow on the way apparently.....think it's time to look out the cosiest of jammies...my hot water bottle and hibernate.
A big thank you to my lovely postie who....day after day....has been  trudging through deep snow to deliver the mail.....I know that Royal Mail get a lot of stick but the posties in our little town are just the best and regardless of the weather he always has a cheery smile and today I was the one smiling when he brought my parcel of Promarkers so I'm all set for my class on the 16th......just need to figure out a way to get there.....this snow ain't going anywhere anytime soon.
Catch up with you all later....Hugs Kath xxxxx