Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Allsorts Challenge....Take 2

Hi folks....I am back with my card for the Allsorts Challenge.....this is Take 2.....yes I have read the instructions (over and over) and am confident that I have got it right this time.
The challenge has been set by my lovely and mega talented Funky Hand teamie Jules and sponsored this week by Funky Hand


NEW or OLD
(plus a sketch)
the idea being to use some of the crafting goodies you got for Christmas or some of your old stash
Just like Jules I didn't get any crafty goodies in my Christmas stocking.....I'm afraid my family haven't got a clue when it comes to crafty stuff.....Hero Arts....Penny Black.....Funky Hand.....means nothing to them....so normally I treat myself.....my Christmas present to me and this year I just had to have some gorgeous stamps from Hero Arts brand new 2010 catalogue....and this flower is so gorgeous that it would be lost on a patterned background so I just used up some itty bitty scraps left over from playing with Anice's fabulous "Dreams Come True" CD.








Papers: Funky Hand "Dreams Come True" CD
Image: Hero Arts Cling Stamp....Engraved Flower
Ribbon & Gems from stash
Sentiment: Craftwork Cards.....Oh My Word
finished off the flower with a spray of Gold Glimmer Mist
and then a dusting of Gold Glamour Dust

and what seemed a good idea at the time.....covered the centre of the flower with those pesky micro beads....blimey these little devils have a mind of their own......the minute they see daylight they make a dash for freedom and end up everywhere...even using my tidy tray.....now I know why I haven't used them for years.
And talking of Christmas treats....I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my lovely over-worked postie with a parcel of  Promarkers from Angel Crafts......I have booked myself in for a workshop at Simply Create on 16th January....my fabulous bloggy bud  Debz....the queen of the old PM's is demonstrating how to use these fabulous pens and I couldn't turn up with nothing to colour with.....could I.....it's now fully booked....so lucky I managed to get my bum on a seat and am really looking forward to it......knowing Debz it will be a real fun time......just hope that the weather improves before then.....heavy snowfall again last night and after clearing the driveway yesterday this was the scene when I got up this morning........forget the car....may have to think about getting a sled and a dog team......that would be fun wouldn't it.



Well the holiday is over folks.....and I need to get down to some serious work......may need to get the old whip out and the coffee pot brewing.....and find that lazy beggar Mr Mojo....where is he hiding?
Catch up with you all later
Hugs Kath xxxxx