Saturday, November 7, 2009

Penny Black Saturday Challenge...Week 74

Morning folks.....well I can hardly contain my excitement today.....good news and not so good news...but more of that later....it's Saturday and that means all things Penny Black.    Wonderful response to our WHITE ON WHITE challenge last week and gorgeous creations from everyone....you obviously loved it because you well and truly ROCKED IT.
Ok let's start off with the good news.....I am so excited....we have our first Guest Designer joining us for November and I'm sure most of you will be familiar with this lady's fantastic work...and if not...where on earth have you been hiding.....it's the mega talented......

I've been a big fan of Debby's fabulous work for such a long time.......I love her attention to detail and you can tell from her cards that she simply adores Penny Black stamps....everything she makes is gorgeously creative....so pop on over to Penny Black Saturday pronto....to see Debby's card for this week's challenge.....it's stunning.

The challenge this week from Penny Black Saturday is......

SONG TITLE/LYRICS
I chose
PLEASE MR POSTMAN......
look and see.... if there's a letter in your bag for me....

by the best group in the world ever
THE BEATLES








 Papers: Stampin Up
Image: Penny Black....Hand Mailed
           Hero Arts: Holiday Messages....Peace on Earth....Joy
Sentiment: My Little Shoe Box...Mini Alphabet...Lipstick Red
Doodlebug All Mixed Up
Fiskars Squeeze Heart Punch
and as per usual a generous dusting of old GD....


Quite appropriate at the moment I thought.....what with the recent postal strikes which haven't really affected us at all in this neck of the woods...but it looks as though there will be no more strikes before Christmas...just as well....just think of all those Christmas Cards you are making and not being able to send them.  Now for the not so good news...it's my birthday today.....61....I can't quite believe it....I know what you're thinking....crikey she doesn't look that old....and of course....the song that I could have chosen is very obvious.....yes the most popular song in the world....."HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU"....but NO.....didn't want you thinking that just because I am an old dodderer  I took the easy peasy route....OH NO.. and to coin that much used phrase...."you are only as old as you feel" well no consolation there because some days I feel about 90.....but I suppose I should be thankful for small mercies....I am still here albeit a little bit bruised and battered after my gymnastic efforts but accident number three hasn't happened (YET)....and I love what I do and do what I love....how many folks can say that.....must remember that next time I have a grumpy old woman day.

We have another fabulous prize this week for one lucky winner
from Clair & Sharni at Valentines

Well that's it for today folks.....get your thinking caps on.....hum a merry tune and I can't wait to see what you all create this week....will be scooting over to pay you all a visit....in the meantime....happy crafting.....will be back tomorrow for the winner of the Inky Question give-away and yes more questions.
Hugs Kath xxxxxx
Edited to add: I have had a few e-mails asking about the green in the bottom left of my card.....it's not on the card....it was some greenery I added from the garden to bring a little festive decoration to the pic....a little "je ne sais quoi" as they say in France......obviously it didn't quite have the effect I hoped for.