Tuesday, October 14, 2008

This Old Face

As you will probably have guessed by now I am a bit of an old bird who is approaching the big 60 in a couple of weeks.....and then I will officially be a Senior Citizen..well suppose it's better than being called an old-age pensioner....well I ain't ready for a zimmer and incontinence knickers yet...my mind is still young at heart although the old body does need a good talking too in the mornings to play catch up with the rest of me.  I've been looking at this fizzog in the mirror every morning for nearly six decades and to me it doesn't look any different but apparently that ain't true.
Had to pop into town this morning for a few bits and pieces and as hubby needed the car today thought I would take the bus.....lots to do today so set off early.....well I ain't been on a bus for yonks so no idea of times or fares.  Young studenty type standing at the stop and we engaged in conversation....a bus is due any minute he informed me but could he tell me the fare to Aberdeen.   I had a bit of a pet hate when I used to travel on the bus...the folk who waited until they got on the bus and then searched for their purses and then for change holding everybody up in the process...I was a change in my pocket gal ready to pay.   "Well" he replied...it's £2.40 single but you will probably get a discount.....OUCH!!!!  "No...I don't get my bus pass for a few weeks yet" I replied.   When you come to get a job matey....you won't be able to put TACT on your CV.   No worries the bus arrived and he redeemed himself....stood back to let me on first....hey chivalry ain't dead and you've been brought up proper me thinks.
Got on the bus and asked for a return.....shock horror, nearly fainted......£4.50.....yikes .."Goodness me...just shows how long it is since I was on a bus"  I joked......"Well if you ain't happy, you had better get off and walk" the driver snapped back at me.    Well let me tell you this old bird does not do RUDE and I let him know in no uncertain terms that I didn't like his attitude in my politest voice....took my ticket and turned to a little ripple of applause from the rest of the folk on the bus......but I had just broken my own  rule.....while I was having my little rant.....I was holding up everybody else on the bus on the way to work.
The moral of the story must be......the anti wrinkle cream ain't working but who cares.....life is too short to worry about young students who obviously need to visit an optician and grumpy jobs worth bus drivers....I am too busy to worry about my age and am quite happy in this old wrinkly skin.
Off to get stuck into more card orders.......and maybe a challenge or two.
See ya all later........Love from your "looks her age" bloggy buddy.......Kath xxxxxx