Tuesday, August 5, 2008

2 Sketches 4 You Sketch Challenge

The sketch this week on 2 Sketches 4 You has been set by Kazan.
I do love working with papers from all my favourite companies Basic Grey; Daisy Bucket; Cosmo Cricket and the list goes on and on and on.... but today I decided to have a little fun and create my own from stamps and Mr T.H.'s Distressed Inks. It's great fun to get down and dirty with stamps and inks and do the whole TH thing but the downside is my hands and nails are now the strangest colour of brown and blue. The frame was roughly torn out and then the edges were torn, sanded, distressed and curled and then fixed with 3D dots over the blue background which was made by sponging Weathered Wood all over and then overstamping in the same colour.



  • Blue Background: Hero Arts Awning Stripe
  • Frame: stamped Autumn Leaves Flourishes (Rhona Farrer) randomly with Walnut Stain and Weathered Wood and then washed over with a damp sponge.
  • Flowers: Poppicrafts inked with Weathered Wood
  • Button: Basic Grey Sultry Collection
  • Sentiments: Heidi Swapp
  • Stamped Sentiment: Docrafts Alphabet stamped with Weathered Wood
  • Hessian Ribbon from my stash