Monday, December 1, 2008

Ding Dong Merrily On High

Ding Dong and yes I am high...I think I must have put my Mrs Grumpy knickers on this morning ...well this may be a comfy sofa and a cuppa bit of a post...so if your sitting comfortably....I shall begin......WHY is it that everywhere you turn at the moment.....there are reminders.......24 Shopping Days to Christmas........how many  Posting Days to Christmas....honestly why are we constantly treated like children or doddery old women.   Everbody knows that today is December 1st and everybody knows that Christmas Day is December 25th....it has been celebrated on that day all over the world for hundreds of years...so why every year do they feel the need to keep reminding us... it doesn't take a lot of working out....simple subtraction...25 minus 1 = 24 and if like me.....you haven't started your shopping or your posting...ain't even started the writing yet......I don't need reminded how disorganised I am this year ...thank you very much.
Grump Number 2  is from now on in every publication you open....there will be a countdown to Christmas Menu Planner.....give me strength.....telling me what I should be doing minute by minute in the run up to preparing the Christmas Meal.....at 4.00pm on Christmas Eve....I should start preparing my sprouts.....at 6.00pm I should be making my mulled wine.....at 8.00pm I should be roasting my chestnuts by an open fire to make my stuffing.....give me a break....been doing it for nigh on 40 years matey and had no complaints so far.   I swear that they just drag out the same article every year...tart it up a bit...it fills a couple of pages....but why do they care if my Christmas Meal is a success or not....they won't have to eat it.
I was reading somewhere that folk are going to be paying upwards of £100 for their Christmas bird this year....WHAT....for the ugliest bird on the planet with that long scrawny neck...maybe he is going to be GOLD BASTED instead of the usual BUTTER BASTED...sorry folks  but this lady won't be paying that kinda dosh just for a few slices of turkey and all the left overs that you are sick to the teeth of come the end of December.....NO...NO...NO.....for a good number of years I have bought a Turkey Crown.....no waste....carving is a doddle....and the best bit....no fighting to get a huge bird in his tin foil blanket into the oven and out again without doing your back serious injury.
Now Grump Number 3 is again with the mags......WHAT THE HOSTESS WITH THE MOSTEST SHOULD BE WEARING ON CHRISTMAS DAY.....pleeease.......if you think for one minute I am skipping the light fandango around the kitchen with roasty tatties in one hand and a jug of gravy in the other in one of those strapless, backless...up to my bum concoctions.....wearing the highest and flimsiest of strappy shoes.....NO WAY........trousers and a nice top and hey where have you heard it before.....my SLIPPERS.......because everybody knows if the cook ain't happy.....ain't nobody gonna be happy.
So chill out folks.....ignore all these super organised numpties....do your own thing and I'm sure your Christmas will be just the same as mine.....stressful.......tiring..........but FABULOUS.....DING DONG....


And another award....it's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas.....don't you just love that M & S ad
with Take That....sorry I am getting off the point.......a big thank you to my bloggy buddies Dawn & Suzanne for thinking of me for this award.....it's very much appreciated coming from two such lovely talented girls.

and because it's nearly Christmas.....it's only 24 days away now don't ya know (sorry that was a bit below the belt) I am awarding this to all my DT Mates.. everybody on my blog roll.....and all my followers....lovely folks that you are.....so if you ain't already
got it ..grab it for your blog with all my love........Kath xxxxxxxxxxxx