Saturday, December 6, 2008

Penny Black Saturday Challenge - Week 26

What a great response to last week's "No Patterned Paper" challenge and I think this just goes to show that we don't need to buy all these fancy papers to make gorgeous cards.......but I ain't saying that I am stopping.......am far too addicted for that.
Sad news I'm afraid this week...the lovely and super talented Becky has decided to stand down from the Design Team.....do you know that it was because of Becky's wonderful idea that this challenge blog came about.....and we have lots to thank her for....her dedication and hard work and gorgeous creations every week.....we are so going to miss you...I'm sure you will join me in wishing her well for the future and hope that she will pop by and delight us with her fab cards.  Sending big Hugs Becky XXXXX

The challenge this week on Penny Black Saturday is to work from a sketch from the lovely Beth.    My mojo seems to have well and truly deserted me at the moment and I struggled with this one until I decided to flip the sketch....still not entirely happy....pretty basic card this week I'm afraid folks.
Papers:   Fancy Pants...Break Time
               Bo Bunny......Green Dots
Image: Penny Black  "Light the Night"
Flowers: Poppicrafts
Ribbon: from my stash
Sentiment: Stamps Away Circle Sentiment.."Happy Birthday"
And a fabulous prize this week from the lovely Becky for one lucky winner
3 sheets of Sentiment Stickers
3 Sentiment Stamps
By the time you are reading this I will be in London on my girly weekend away with my sister and niece.....a belated birthday treat....a bit of sightseeing....a trip to the theatre....dining out....no cooking for three days and the thing all us girlies love to do.....some serious retail therapy......NO....NOT CRAFT SHOPPING......my sis and niece aren't crafters and I can just imagine the raised eyebrows if we should stumble across a craft shop.   To be honest....I am looking forward to a weekend away from crafting......and one thing's for sure it will be a riot......Tena Lady at the ready because there will be lots of laughs and I think my niece is wondering what she is letting herself in for....indeed London doesn't know what it is letting itself in for either.
I know that you will love working with Beth's fabulous sketch and look forward to paying you all a visit when I get home on Sunday evening......happy crafting everybody......Hugs Kath xxxxxxx